snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
with what's to transpire.
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
son of nyx
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 4:45:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her note had been cryptic, sure, but approved by the right channels and delivered with an importance.

come to this location in mossdeep. security will be in attendance should you show.

had he heeded her words? or will this end poorly?

she is the only distinguishable figure against the setting sun on this half of mossdeep's island for her entourage is masked and armed as all league security are. they're tucked away by rock and beach, a small islet untouched by the civilians of the island.

here, it is secure - safe, though her anxiety has rooted multiple knots in her stomach as seconds pass into minutes and tick closer to the next hour.

and when he arrives, she turns with her back to the sea and stares, neutral.

"you came."

her eyes scan for a moment.

"shall we?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
son of nyx
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 6:03:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A cryptic note read by the light of the Chandelure that haunts his study proves a tempting, if dangerous treat.[break][break]

Security will be in attendance. So her allies in the League were aware of their correspondence, were they? A shame this had not been kept as private as he'd hoped, but it was salvageable yet.[break][break]

He delivers the news to under a veneer of false confidence, as if he hadn't been prepared to keep such precious information from the man who held his leash. With the blessing of the boss, he arrives seemingly alone to that rocky stretch of beach.[break][break]

He was not, of course, as defenseless as he looked.[break][break]

But his friends would play nice if hers did.[break][break]

SHADOW MIASMA drifts around him, setting a grim ambience. He meets her gaze, unflinching, and wonders if she'd feared for her job as much as he feared for his life. He doesn't ask.[break][break]

"Call it curiosity." His gaze cuts across her masked security, silently acknowledging their presence before it returns to her. "I assume there's a reason you've summoned me here."[break][break]

He's sure he knows what this must be about, but speaks carefully without knowledge of how much they knew.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
son of nyx
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 6:18:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he's correct in his assumption, though she'd never admit it.

the trembling of her hands as she briefed and the council, as she asked for their permission to move forward with such a thing, is not present now but it will not be forgotten.

his sweeping look of her security is met with heavy silence. their shoulders tense but otherwise, they offer nothing further.

only the scientist speaks as a briny breeze sweeps through the air.

"yes, there is."

she places a professional mask in front of her face and secures it with deft fingers.

"an exchange of information."

she takes a small, tentative step forward. one look confirms she, at least, is unarmed.

"would you agree to this?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
son of nyx
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 6:26:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He'd thought this might be about Sea Hoenn. Had told Walsh as much, while keeping close to his chest the cards that mattered most to him. That it was for Lugia that he feared, and not for Rocket.[break][break]

Still, Rocket's interest was enough to offer bargaining chips to this table.[break][break]

"That depends entirely on the information being exchanged."[break][break]

But Illeana has seen the lengths to which he will set aside grudges for the sake of his bond.[break][break]

She knows he's interested, even if he hides it well.[break][break]

"I have a wealth of information from which to pull, of course."[break][break]

What they didn't know was how little he'd be allowed to say... but he had a feeling that wouldn't matter. They'd be fascinated by what he had in store, he's sure. The implications would reach far beyond Sootopolis.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
son of nyx
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 6:35:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it depends...

she sees strings laid out before her - she just has to know which ones to pull for him to move.

"of course, my apologies."

had she jumped the gun?

no, she decides with the beginning of a smile, she hadn't.

"what could you tell me of the energy spikes detected in sootopolis's city bounds?"

a beat passes. she adds another layer.

"in exchange, i can provide some information on sea hoenn."

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
son of nyx
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 6:56:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

She provides the hook, and he cannot help but to take it in spite of the fear it will be barbed.[break][break]

Thankfully, what she wants in return is within his allowance to divulge. At least, part of it. He would not speak of the Power Spots, but there was more to the energy fluctuations in Sootopolis than that.[break][break]

"Not Rocket's doing, if that puts your minds at ease." His smile is more amused than anything. "We were just as surprised."[break][break]

He doesn't divulge that they'd made the discovery during an important meeting, and that it had coincided with the return of Chien-pao and the Galarian birds. Nor does he mention the strange book. What he does say, however, is,[break][break]

"Growths of terastral crystal have cropped up in the Cave of Origin. We don't know why." He shrugs his shoulders. "We're studying them, of course. I imagine you'd be interested in that data."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
son of nyx
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 1:04:23 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her features smooth themselves into a pleased smile.

"yes - do you have the data handy?"

she doubts, in a way, that their paths will cross in the same way after today. they would be back to enemies once this meeting lazily draws its close. until then, she supposes it is comfortable enough to theorize.

"the appearance of tera crystal clusters is interesting to say the least. have you seen any more in sootopolis since?"

and while she'd enjoy nothing more than to continue to pick his brain on the concept of tera crystals, she owes information of her own at this point in time.

"on the sea hoenn front, we know they are looking for a lugia to replace their own. the one you have aligned with is, possibly, the very one they had."

her arms cross lightly over her chest, though it is not in any means defensive.

"do you know of the origins of your lugia that could explain why they're searching for one with such fervor?"

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
son of nyx
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 19:39:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I do."[break][break]

He doesn't hand it over. Not yet.[break][break]

But he fishes the USB from his pocket, flashing it between his fingers before returning it to its place.[break][break]

Cillian shakes his head at the second question.[break][break]

"No. If the growths have increased, it's not by enough to be evident."[break][break]

He offers truth in hopes he'll receive the same. That hunger darkens his golden gaze as she finally offers the information he craves.[break][break]

A huff of laughter mists in the cold air, snow-white mingled with black miasma.[break][break]

"I would not be so arrogant as to call her my Lugia... but I take your meaning. She is of Hoenn. Our Hoenn." He speaks of her with unmistakable reverence. Not of a devotee to a goddess, but of a vassal to their liege. "I don't know what happened to their Lugia, but she belongs to no one."[break][break]

Not him. Not even Rocket. No one but herself.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
son of nyx
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 0:44:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hums, seemingly deciding whether she's satisfied or not.

"the growth of tera crystals in the cave of origin is not coincidence - surely - but the cave, itself, is part of a cavern system, is it not?"

she's rusty with her sootopolis intel, but there's a purpose behind the needling inquiries. a little further... she seeks a specific confirmation to solidify an already blooming theory.

and when it comes to the lugia aligned with him? he seems so certain, so entirely sure, that she almost regrets the incessant urge to poke holes in his confidence until it falters. she's a woman of science, thinking in realms of theory and probability. this topic, while interesting and still relatively mysterious, does not escape her ravenous hunger for understanding.

"tell me - if you'd be so kind - where this lugia was found?"

her smile is all teeth, sharpened for a kill. she hopes to not have to use them.

"actually, would you humor me by hearing my theory?"

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
son of nyx
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 13:13:42 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"And what does that have to do with the crystals?"[break][break]

He avoids answering the question by posing one of his own, curious as to what she was getting at more than he was willing to divulge further information. He'd gotten what he'd came here for.[break][break]

So he's ready to close off when she starts asking after Lugia.[break][break]

But a theory couldn't hurt, and his curiosity as a former scientist was insatiable.[break][break]

"I'll hear you out."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
son of nyx
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 4:39:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her lips curl slightly, showing teeth.

"if there's a cavern system, you're likely to find more crystals deeper in."

whole stretches of crystal clusters, actually, if she had to guess... but she wouldn't know unless she explores on her own for she does not place blind trust in the man before her. energy readings provide credibility, sure, but in the unknown, there is a higher chance of betrayal.

and when he allows her the floor, she takes center stage with focused eyes.

"evidence of an odd toxin had been found in proximity to sea hoenn. the likelihood of this being the same toxin that corrupted this lugia - and theirs - is high, so i'm inclined to believe our lugia and theirs are one in the same."

if not the same coin, then mirror images of each other...

"or, perhaps, they corrupted ours when trying to capture it for themselves to replace their own."

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
son of nyx
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 17:27:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Perhaps."[break][break]

He leaves it at that. He'd been given permission to divulge the presence of the crystals, but further speculation is treading a thin line Cillian has no desire to cross. His foremost loyalty was to Rocket, to .[break][break]

But of Lugia, he cannot help the brief contempt that flickers over his stoic mask.[break][break]

"I know what corrupted her."[break][break]

At least, he knew what she'd told him. What she remembered. He had no reason to think she was lying to him, especially not when she'd had such a visceral reaction to the Nihilego in the Ultra Deep Sea.[break][break]

And he had no reason to think Sea!Hoenn were involved, but he keeps this to himself. He'd look into it all the same.[break][break]

"Are we sure that theirs was also corrupted?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
son of nyx
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 1:39:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"ah, then you're familiar with it..."

the black tar-like substance. even now, the lack of concrete evidence to suggest they did, in fact, do what she theorizes infuriates her to no end. she wants to know - from beginning until end.

"there's no way to know for certain without managing to find a sea hoennian and hoping they know what happened, but the toxin had been connected to that of nihilego's."

her eyes focus a little too sharply on him, as if looking for something to dig claws into.

"for it to have been in what looked like a ritual room, along with their lugia missing and desperately needing another one? i'm inclined to believe theirs was corrupted enough to not survive the process."

perhaps his is the exception... or theirs did not die - it merely escaped.

"anyway, do with that what you will."

her shoulders roll through a shrug, then, as if it doesn't matter either way for she has already designated sea hoenn as marked for death.

"i think we're just about done here, don't you?"

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
son of nyx
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 11:18:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Mhm."[break][break]

Intimately familiar. He'd felt that same toxin surge through his bloodstream, filling him with rage and adrenaline. He'd tried to kill in a paranoid frenzy. He had understood for the first time, then, the terror that Lugia must have felt in the beginning, before her mind surrendered to the poison. She'd been a gentle creature, once.[break][break]

He can see the hunger in her eyes, but without further incentive to spill his secrets, Cillian is a closed book.[break][break]

"I will bring ruin to any who would touch her."[break][break]

With that solemn vow, he clicks his tongue. A Dhelmise emerges, seemingly from the pool of MIASMA that whirls around him, but in reality from the planes of its PHANTOM FORCE. The League need not feel threatened, however, for it only swallows him in shadow and leaves them alone on the beach once more.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
son of nyx
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 15:05:37 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven